Information on long term rentals in Mallorca
1. when you consult a real estate agent, you always pay a commission (but only if you sign the rental contract).
2. the commission depends on the agent you have chosen
3. on top/added to the commission is the VAT/taxes, in Spain 21%.
4. when renting a furnished property usually the deposit will be 2 months (the deposits always depend on the landlord)
5. renting an unfurnished property normally is a deposit of 1-2 month (deposits entirely depend on the landlords demands)
6. deposits (usually) are paid back quickly (only if there are no damages and the place looks like the day of the handover!)
7. Utilities are paid by the tenants (must be paid by consumption).
8. keep in mind, good value for the money is rented in a couple days
9. the search should not begin earlier than 4 weeks prior to arrival, otherwise it is most likely that none of the chosen properties are still available
10. Pets must be always mentioned (to agency & and landlord)
11. once you living in the property, all communication between tenant & landlord is directly